Headwall builds spectral solutions that address important problems across key markets. You will play a hands-on role in defining the vision, prioritizing features, and managing the product roadmaps for solutions. This role will also work closely with engineering, sales, marketing, manufacturing and customers to challenge the boundaries of what’s possible and build product roadmaps, finding new opportunities for growth. You are a key player executing our company strategy to make our spectral products more connected and integrated into our customer’s workflows, directing the lifecycle of our products.
The successful candidate will be highly collaborative, technically savvy, and passionate about delivering impactful user experiences to customers. You will have experience and knowledge in marketing, product launch, pricing strategy, product management and product readiness with strong knowledge of spectroscopy and analytical instrumentation. You will be the subject matter expert for understanding important market trends, competitive environments, and key customers.
Success in this role includes a proven ability to bring products to market, experience in Product Lifecycle Management, ability to work with engineering and sales teams, and an entrepreneurial drive with an innovative mindset. You must be able to transform quantitative and qualitative data from our customers into insights and strategy to drive product development priorities. You will measure product performance, keep your pulse on the customer, and assess functional market tradeoffs. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development.
One of the reasons Headwall Photonics consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do across functions. Our team works closely with creative engineers, designers, and marketers to help design and develop technologies that improve product performance and market adoption. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to our users.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following: Optics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Life Sciences, Advanced degree preferred.
- Broad technical competency, with the ability to transform technical content into commercially accessible materials
- Direct experience developing products for industrial and machine vision customers, such as imaging systems, quality control analytical devices, in-line inspection systems, or image processing software.
- Experience managing day-to-day technical and design direction
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Customer Support, Finance and Marketing
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders
- 6-10+ years of experience creating strategic product roadmap(s) from conception to launch and working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience driving the full lifecycle of the product: product vision, go-to-market strategy, and design discussions
- Demonstrated experience with data driven decision making, including competence with market intelligence, competitive assessment, revenue analysis, and usage metrics
- Demonstrated ability to translate market and user needs into technical user
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to influence multi-disciplinary teams and develop strong partnerships across functions to drive measurable operational
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment with high degree of autonomy and accountability
- Ideal candidate is a collaborative, detail oriented, competitive individual who strives to deliver the highest quality products
- Externally and internally defines, enhances and communicates company position through presentation that includes an understanding of markets, competition, and user requirements
- Responsible for launch of new products and features
- Work collaboratively with engineering, marketing, sales and customers on leading edge technology
- Develop innovative solutions to some of the world’s hardest problems by collaborating as needed across regions, product areas, and functions
- Leverage industry relationships as well as market and technology trends to inform product definition and share with working teams and business units
- Define and clearly communicate product roadmaps, KPIs, and measures of product success to stakeholders
- Support product innovation by analyzing usage metrics and continuously improving upon the user experience and product releases
- Capture and prioritize product requirements using customer research, voice of customer and usage metrics
- Set business goals for product and identify how you will measure them. Ensure success criteria is clearly defined and instrumented
- Distill requirements into features and user stories consumable by development team
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with high degree of accountability
- Ability to communicate and influence multi-disciplinary teams; developing strong partnerships across functions to drive measurable operational results
Working at Headwall Photonics
Nothing matters more to Headwall Photonics than teamwork built upon our strong ethical and safety commitments. Given product work with the US government agencies and departments, US Citizenship status and Green Cards in the US are required.
Headwall Photonics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. See also Headwall Photonics' EEO Policy and EEO is the Law.