The Quality and Continuous Improvement Manager will drive company initiatives to improve operational efficiencies as well as ensure preparedness for external quality audits for both our Bolton and Fitchburg sites. This position requires a high energy positive attitude with the capability and desire to be continuously engaged with the Team to drive projects to completion.
Reporting to the Director of Manufacturing & Operations, the Quality and CI Manager also acts as a liaison between Company and our Suppliers while engaging Customers for feedback and improvement. The Quality Manager will select and drive high impact improvements, be responsible for departmental processes/procedures, and be involved with technical communications with the customer.
With a focus on quality and continuous improvement, the Quality Manager is accountable for timely and detailed oriented results. The impact of the projects will all make a positive contribution to lean manufacturing improvements and process efficiencies to improve operational profitability.
Essential Job Functions
- Create a lean culture by mentoring and creating training opportunities.
- Internal quality system audit and remediation skills
- Collecting production data, analyzing outputs, and determining corrective courses of action to promote safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Identify ways to eliminate waste in production processes.
- Analyze and identify opportunities to reduce process variation, improve process capabilities and optimize process performance.
- Work with management to identify new process improvement opportunities in the areas of quality, cost, performance, and preventive and predictive maintenance.
- In-depth experience implementing Lean, 5S, Value Stream Map and Kaizen
- Review and update business procedures and documents.
- Must have experience working in a regulated industry (ISO 17025, ISO 9001 or other)
- Quality System knowledge with ability to rapidly identify and resolve system gaps.
- Independently facilitate CAR, CAPA or Non-conformances Root Cause analysis [RCA].
- Evidence of effectively creating Prepared Quality System documents nd records.
- Ability to gather and quantify quality metrics and management presentation material.
- Support the Quality function and the business by maintaining professional business ethics and ensuring customers are treated with efficiency, courtesy, and respect.
Educational & Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or other related technical discipline
- Green Belt Certification required; Black Belt preferred.
- An outgoing detail-oriented person with superior communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong computer desktop tool proficiency & other manufacturing software (MS-Word, Excel, etc.)
- Routinely working in cross functional teams and influencing peers on project tasks.
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines & work objectives.
- Effective quantitative ability, exceptional organizational (records) talent and analytical skills.
- 5-7 years: industry related experience within the optics industry and/or analytical instruments
Headwall Photonics, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected category. We conduct background checks in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.