One of the reasons Headwall Photonics consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do across functions. Our team works closely with creative engineers, designers, and marketers to help design and develop technologies that improve product performance and encourage market adoption. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, tailoring, packaging, and promoting our solutions to customers who fit our profile of users.
Headwall builds spectral solutions that address important problems across key markets. You will play a hands-on role in defining the vision, prioritizing features, and managing the product roadmaps for solutions. This role will also work closely with engineering, design, product, manufacturing operations and finance teams to challenge the boundaries of what is possible.
Reporting to the Vice President of Engineering, the successful candidate will be highly collaborative, technically savvy, and passionate about delivering impactful user experiences to customers.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field including one of several of the following: Optics, ME, EE, SW, Physics, Life Sciences, Math, and broad technical knowledge. Advanced degree preferred
Experience managing day-to-day technical and design direction
Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Customer Support, Finance and Marketing
Ability to influence multiple stakeholders
6-10+ years of experience creating strategic product roadmap(s) from conception to launch and working with cross-functional teams
Experience driving the full lifecycle of the product: product vision, go-to-market strategy, and design discussions
Demonstrated experience with data driven decision making, including competence with market intelligence, competitive assessment, revenue analysis, and usage metrics
Demonstrated ability to translate market and user needs into technical user stories
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to influence multi-disciplinary teams and develop strong partnerships across functions to drive measurable operational results
Ability to excel in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment with high degree of autonomy and accountability
Ideal candidate is a collaborative, detail oriented, competitive individual who strives to deliver the highest quality products on time and on budget
- Externally and internally defines, enhances and communicates company position through presentation that includes an understanding of markets, competition, and user requirements
- Responsible for launch of new products and features
- Work collaboratively with engineering, marketing, sales and customers on leading-edge technology
- Develop innovative solutions to some of the world’s hardest problems by collaborating as needed across regions, product areas, and functions
- Leverage industry relationships as well as market and technology trends to inform product definition and share with working teams and business units
- Define and clearly communicate product roadmaps, KPIs, and measures of product success to stakeholders
- Support product innovation by analyzing usage metrics and continuously improving upon the user experience and product releases
- Capture and prioritize product requirements using market research, technology awareness, voice of customer and usage metrics
- Set business goals for product and identify how you will measure them. Ensure success criteria is clearly defined and instrumented
- Distill requirements into features and user stories consumable by development team
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with high degree of accountability
- Ability to communicate and influence multi-disciplinary teams; developing strong partnerships across functions to drive measurable operational results
Working at Headwall Photonics
Nothing matters more to Headwall Photonics than teamwork built upon our strong ethical and safety commitments. Given product work with the US government agencies and departments, US Citizenship status and Green Cards in the US are required.
Headwall Photonics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. See also Headwall Photonics's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law.
Qualified candidates should contact us at email@example.com, subject line “Senior Product Manager”.